Heat pump water heater rebate
For electric customers
Receive either a $500 or up to $800 rebate from PSE when you upgrade to a qualifying energy-efficient heat pump water heater.
To be eligible for PSE's heat pump water heater rebate:
- You must be a current PSE residential electric customer.
- Your heat pump water heater must run on electricity.
- Your heat pump water heater must be NEEA Northern Climate Specification approved. Browse our list of qualified heat pump water heaters to see which models are eligible, and which product tiers they fall into:
- Heat pumps water heaters that fall into Tier 1 are eligible for a rebate of $500.
- Tier 1 heat pump water heaters must be installed outside of your conditioned living space in an area such as a garage, attic or crawl space.
- Heat pumps water heaters that fall into Tier 2 and Tier 3 are eligible for a rebate of
up to $800.
- This rebate is only available on new, qualifying equipment.
- This rebate is not available when installed in conjunction with a geothermal heat pump.
When available, PSE also recommends using natural gas directly for space and water heating. If you're interested in converting to natural gas, you may qualify for an additional fuel conversion rebate.
To apply for PSE's heat pump water heater rebate, complete this heating rebate application and either:
- Email it to email@example.com
- Print and mail it to the address shown at the bottom of the first page
The same form can be submitted for multiple rebates across all available categories, where applicable.
If you have any questions, call an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Heat pump water heater facts
A heat pump water heater is a highly energy-efficient water heating system that draws heat from the surrounding air and transfers it to an enclosed water tank. When compared to traditional water heaters, a heat pump water heater can operate with up to twice as much energy efficiency. Some heat pump water heaters also have economy, high-demand or sleep settings.