Transmission lines near Seattle Interurban Trail 


Access to private property

In order to provide you with electric and natural gas service, Puget Sound Energy may need easements to access private property. An easement secures PSE’s long-term ability to access the property, operate our facilities, manage vegetation and make future system improvements to keep power and natural gas flowing to our customers.

Learn more

A Property Owner’s Guide to Easements for Utility System Improvements

Some PSE facilities may not fit in public rights-of-way. If PSE needs an easement for them on property you own, you’ll have a Right of Way Agent working with you. Learn about your rights, what to expect, and answers to frequently asked questions. Read the Brochure

A Property Owner’s Guide to Easements for New Services

An easement may be required for PSE to provide service to your property. It is your responsibility to obtain any required easements and PSE can help. This guide outlines the process and addresses frequently asked questions. Read the Brochure

A Property Owners Guide to Consents for Use Within PSE Easements

Keeping easement areas clear of incompatible uses is a shared responsibility between PSE and the property owner. Incompatible uses in PSE’s easement areas are considered encroachments. Safety is our primary objective. Read the Brochure

Request Forms

You can request consent to make improvements in an existing easement area, or request release of part or all of an existing easement you may think is not in use.

Structures and equipment

Various types of underground, overhead and transmission line structures that may be used in an easement are illustrated in this Structures and Equipment photo glossary.