In Your Community » Thurston » Construction Projects »
Puget Sound Energy electric distribution projects
Thurston County tree wire projects
In order to decrease the high number of tree-related outages our customers in several Thurston County neighborhoods experienced, we replaced portions of the distribution power lines with tree wire. Tree wire has a special coating that prevents a power outage in the event a tree branch comes in contact with the line. By installing tree wire in other locations in our service area, we have helped reduce power outages related to falling tree branches by 70 percent.
- Rainier (Rainier Road and Military Rd SE):
- We installed approximately 3 miles of tree wire along Rainier Rd between Military Rd SE and 133rd Ave SE and along Military Rd SE between Rainier Rd SE and McIntosh Ln SE.
- This project was completed in mid-September 2012.
- Lacey (Panorama City):
- We replaced nearly 4,500 ft of existing distribution wire with tree wire along Golf Club Rd SE.
- This project started in late August 2012 and was completed in September 2012.
- Tenino (Crowder Road SE):
- We installed approximately 2.2 miles of tree wire along Crowder Road between Old Hwy 99 SE and 184th Ave SE.
- This project was completed in December 2012.
- Littlerock (Littlerock Road and 133rd Avenue SW):
- We installed wire along Littlerock Road SW and 133rd Avenue SW. Additionally, we will be undergrounding a segment of line along 133rd Avenue SW between Littlerock Road and Erskine Road, and removing an existing segment of line running cross-country from 128th Ave SW to 133rd Ave SW.
- Olympia (Steamboat Island Rd and Madrona Beach Rd NW):
- We replaced approximately 2.8 miles of tree wire along Madrona Beach Road NW and Steamboat Island Rd between 41st Ave NW to Mud Bay.
- Lacey (Thompson Place):
- We installed approximately 12,600 ft of tree wire north of Martin Way E in the Thompson Place neighborhood.
- Construction began in early November 2012.
- Tumwater (Eskridge Blvd SE):
- We installed 1.2 miles of tree wire along Eskridge Blvd SE in Tumwater.