Ductless heat pump rebate
For electric customers
Receive a $800 rebate from PSE when you go ductless with a qualifying ductless heat pump system.
To be eligible for PSE's ductless heat pump rebate:
- You must be a current PSE residential electric customer.
- You must currently use electric resistance heat as your primary source of space heating, including electric zonal (baseboard, cable or wall heater), electric hydronic or electric forced-air-furnace heating systems.
- Your new ductless system must be AHRI Certified® as a mini-split heat pump, use inverter technology, have a minimum HSPF of 9.0, and be a minimum of 1.0 ton in heating mode.
- At least one unit must be installed in the main living area of the home.
- This rebate is only available on new qualifying equipment.
- Customers with an existing heat pump and/or natural gas service, even if only used for cooking, are not eligible for this rebate.
If you don't qualify for this rebate, you may still qualify for PSE's air-source heat pump rebate.
When available, PSE also recommends using natural gas directly for space and water heating. If you're interested in converting to natural gas, you may qualify for an additional fuel conversion rebate.
To apply for PSE's ductless heat pump rebate, complete this heating rebate application and either:
- Email it to email@example.com
- Print and mail it to the address shown at the bottom of the first page
The same form can be submitted for multiple rebates across all available categories, where applicable.
If you have any questions, call an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ductless heat pump facts
A ductless heat pump is a highly energy-efficient heating and cooling system that runs without the energy losses associated with the ductwork of a central forced air system. As it doesn't require ducts to carry conditioned air, it is a preferred system for additions to your home, newer homes that only require a small space conditioning system or areas of your home that you wish to condition in zones.
Other benefits include:
- Ductless heat pumps use between 25 and 50 percent less energy to heat your home.
- An ultra-quiet fan evenly circulates air, eliminating hot and cold spots.
- Installation in your home is inexpensive, simple and quick, which makes for little or no disruption.
- Ductless systems come standard with air conditioning, so you can get rid of those window units.