Save up to $1,900 when you weatherize your home
You can lower your energy bills by preventing heat or cooling loss through unseen leaks and seams. Insulating (or weatherizing) your home is an easy, cost-effective way to save money and energy, and when you instantly save with PSE's insulation rebates, it gets even easier.
Limited time offers
Up to $500 off your duct sealing project
From now until June 30, 2015, get up to $500 back on duct sealing insulation for your home. Residential customers can take advantage of an additional $200 discount* from a local certified Contractor Alliance Network partner on top of PSE's regular $300 rebate toward the cost of duct sealing insulation. To learn more, call a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and reference the promo code DUCTWEB.
*Offer available to residential customers with PSE electricity or PSE natural gas as the primary source of home heating. Home must be built before 1990. Customer must receive a referral through a PSE Energy Advisor to a contractor who is a certified member of PSE's Contractor Alliance Network. Work must be completed within 90 days or before Sept. 30, 2015. Additional qualifications may apply. For a full list of qualifications, view or download this detailed insulation rebate schedule.
What you get
The total value of your insulation rebate depends on how much insulation the different areas of your home need to be properly weatherized. Income-eligible customers may also qualify for PSE's Weatherization Assistance program.
|Whole house ventilation (electric only)
||Up to $50/unit
|Whole house air sealing
||50 percent of the cost, up to $350
|Attic insulation (R-11 to R-49)
||50 percent of the cost, up to $600
|Wall insulation (R-0 to R-13)
||50 percent of the cost, up to $400
|Floor insulation (R-11 to R-30)
||50 percent of the cost, up to $200
|Duct sealing and insulation (R-0 to R-11)*
||50 percent of the cost, up to $300
|Performance-tested duct sealing*
||50 percent of the cost, up to $300
* Measures cannot be combined.
To be eligible for PSE's insulation rebates:
- You must be a current PSE residential electric or natural gas** customer.
- You must use PSE electricity or natural gas as the primary source of your home's space heating.
- You must live in a single-family property with four units or less.
- You must live in a home permitted or built prior to 1990. Newer homes may qualify for performance-tested duct sealing based on building code requirements.
- You must use a contractor who is a certified member of PSE's Contractor Alliance Network (CAN).
To confirm your eligibility and potential savings, you can view or download this detailed insulation rebate schedule.
** Contractor must test carbon monoxide (CO) levels and install a free CO alarm in homes primarily heated with natural gas.
To apply for PSE's insulation rebates:
- To verify that you qualify for the program, call an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Request a referral for a pre-screened contractor from PSE's Contractor Alliance Network (CAN). You will soon be contacted by an independent, certified weatherization contractor.
- Schedule an appointment for the contractor to verify your rebate eligibility and perform the work. The total value of your rebate will be included in your contractor's estimate, so there's no need to submit paperwork or wait for reimbursements.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY: PSE does not guarantee any particular energy savings results by installation of the weatherization measures proposed by the independent contractor ("Authorized Contractor") authorized by PSE. PSE is providing customers ("program participant(s)") that desire certain weatherization measures with a discount off the price, when an Authorized Contractor installs such measures. Please note that PSE is not involved in evaluating the weatherization measures that may be suggested by the Authorized Contractor to a program participant.
The Authorized Contractor and its employees are not employees of PSE, and PSE will not be supervising the work performed by the Authorized Contractor for program participants. As such, any issues related to the work undertaken for the program participant should be addressed directly to the Authorized Contractor because PSE shall not be responsible in any way for proper completion of the work or proper performance of any product acquired by a program participant under this weatherization program. By accepting the discount, program participants agree to these terms and assume the risk of any loss or damage(s) that they may suffer in connection with failure to achieve energy savings.
This is a tariffed service and subject to change or termination without prior notice.