Save up to $1,900 instantly when you weatherize your home
Sometimes the best way to lower your energy bills and make your home more energy-efficient isn't to buy and install new equipment or systems, but to prevent heat or cooling loss through unseen leaks and seams. Insulating (or weatherizing) your home is an easy, cost-effective way to save both money and energy, and when you instantly save with PSE's insulation rebates, it gets even easier.
Insulation rebate values
The total value of your insulation rebate is dependent on how much insulation the different areas of your home need in order to be properly weatherized. Income-eligible customers may also qualify for PSE's Weatherization Assistance Program.
Look below for potential insulation rebate values:
|Whole House Ventilation (electric only)
||Up to $50/unit
|Whole House Air Sealing
||50 percent of the cost, up to $350
|Attic insulation (R-11 to R-49)
||50 percent of the cost, up to $600
|Wall insulation (R-0 to R-13)
||50 percent of the cost, up to $400
|Floor insulation (R-11 to R-30)
||50 percent of the cost, up to $200
|Duct sealing and insulation (R-0 to R-11)*
||50 percent of the cost, up to $300
|Performance-tested duct sealing*
||50 percent of the cost, up to $300
How to qualify
To be eligible for PSE's insulation rebates:
- You must be a PSE residential electric or natural gas** customer currently using electricity or natural gas as the primary source of your home's space heating.
- You must live in a single-family property with four units or less.
- You must live in a home permitted or built prior to 1990. Newer homes may qualify for performance-tested duct sealing based on building code requirements.
- You must use a contractor who is a pre-qualified member of PSE's Contractor Alliance Network (CAN).
View a more detailed schedule of rebate values and qualifications to confirm your eligibility and potential savings.
How to apply
To apply for PSE's insulation rebates:
- Call a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., to verify that you qualify for the program.
- Request a referral for a pre-screened contractor from PSE's Contractor Alliance Network (CAN). You will soon be contacted by an independent, qualified weatherization contractor.
- Schedule an appointment for the contractor to verify your rebate eligibility and perform the work. The total value of your rebate will be included in your contractor's estimate, so there's no need to submit paperwork or wait for reimbursements.
* Measures cannot be combined.
** Contractor must also test carbon monoxide levels and install a free CO alarm in homes primarily heated with natural gas.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY: PSE does not guarantee any particular energy savings results by installation of the weatherization measures proposed by the independent contractor ("Authorized Contractor") authorized by PSE. PSE is providing customers ("program participant(s)") that desire certain weatherization measures with a discount off the price, when an Authorized Contractor installs such measures. Please note that PSE is not involved in evaluating the weatherization measures that may be suggested by the Authorized Contractor to a program participant.
The Authorized Contractor and its employees are not employees of PSE, and PSE will not be supervising the work performed by the Authorized Contractor for program participants. As such, any issues related to the work undertaken for the program participant should be addressed directly to the Authorized Contractor because PSE shall not be responsible in any way for proper completion of the work or proper performance of any product acquired by a program participant under this weatherization program. By accepting the discount, program participants agree to these terms and assume the risk of any loss or damage(s) that they may suffer in connection with failure to achieve energy savings.
This is a tariffed service and subject to change or termination without prior notice.