Energy-efficient lighting: discounts
It's a simple choice – choose the best
Today's LED bulbs are affordable, brighter, last up to 25 years, and come in new comfortable tones and dimmable options. Simply put, LEDs are the best bulbs available, and with PSE instant discounts, the time for new bulbs is now!
PSE instant discounts and offers
Lighting deals and limited time offers
Find a lighting retailer near you
You've been upgraded: Get Philips SlimStyle LED bulbs for $1.97 at participating The Home Depot stores. Offer ends Nov. 2, 2014.
DIY with PSE photo contest
We want to see all of your creative DIY lighting projects, so we've teamed up with Philips to host the "DIY with PSE" photo contest. For a chance to win, create your own DIY lampshade or light fixture featuring a LED bulb and submit a photo of your creation.
Get your glue guns warmed up, and start created beautiful, energy-efficient DIY LED lighting projects. Need ideas? See instructions for two different DIY lampshades or watch a video tutorial. Hurry contest ends at 11:59 p.m. August 24. See contest rules for additional details.
- 1st Prize: $500 in Philips lighting
- 2nd Prize: $250 in Philips lighting
- 3rd Prize: Philips gift pack
Not sure what LED to use for your DIY lampshade? Try the new ENERGY STAR Philips SlimStyle LED available at Home Depot for $1.97 thanks to PSE instant discounts.
How to choose the best bulb
Reducing energy waste just got easier and cheaper
Lighting in your home represents up to 20 percent of your energy use, by replacing incandescent bulbs and fixtures with LED and CFL bulbs and fixtures, you can start saving on your energy bill right away.
Spot the savings: a tour of PSE customer homes
Watch PSE customers just like you find savings in their own homes.
More about energy-efficient lighting
- LED and CFL bulbs can help save you money. By replacing the five most frequently used lights in your home with the most efficient light bulbs, you can save up to $700 over the lifetime of the bulbs.
- LED and CFL bulbs use up to 80 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs while providing the same amount of light. For example, a CFL bulb only needs 13 watts to give off the same light as a 60 watt incandescent bulb.
- LED bulbs last 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs, making these energy-efficient light bulbs the ideal choice for hard-to-reach sockets and placement for outdoor safety.
- Today's ENERGY STAR® qualified light bulbs turn on immediately and do not flicker or buzz.
- ENERGY STAR qualified LED bulbs now come in comfortable tones, bright task lighting options, and have dimmable features – style and savings in one bulb!