Savings & Energy Center » For Homes » Heating Rebates & Offers »
Electric Heating Systems:
Heat Pump Sizing and Lock-out Control Rebate
Get a $300 rebate from PSE for air-source heat pump sizing and lock-out control.
- Propane or natural gas furnaces installed as auxilary heat are not eligible for this rebate
- Customers planning a new installation, or submitting for an existing installation, must provide PSE sizing documentation completed by a qualified contractor indicating the system is properly sized for the home and meets PSE program requirements to 30 degrees balance point. Download the heat pump sizing calculator.
- Air-source heat pumps must have 8.5 HSPF/14 SEER
- Lock-out control for electric auxilary heat (electric forced-air furnaces) must be set to 40 degrees F and must have a sensor installed capable of reading outdoor temperature
- Rebate may only be combined with PSE's air-source heat pump upgrade rebate or forced-air furnace to air-source heat pump conversion rebate
For a full list of qualifications or to apply, download a rebate application
Please remember to submit sizing document from qualified contractor
with rebate application.
Call a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
for more information about energy-efficient heating systems or for help filling out a rebate application.
Note: If you are adding a heat pump to your home for the first time, call PSE's Customer Construction Services department at 1-888-321-7779 to check if the transformer and service to your home is sized properly to avoid adverse impact to power quality and to not create a voltage flicker for your home.
Find a contractor
To create your own referral for qualified contractors, visit PSE.com/CAN.
If you plan to install the equipment on your own, make sure to include the UPC sticker (typically found inside the box and includes equipment item number and model number) with your rebate application materials.
Available for PSE residential energy-efficient equipment retrofits and/or natural gas conversions.
Converting to natural gas
When available, PSE recommends using natural gas directly for space and water heating.
You may be eligible for conversion rebates.