Savings & Energy Center » For Businesses » Commercial Rebates and Grants »
Resource Conservation Management (RCM) Program
- The Resource Conservation Management (RCM) program provides incentives, training, and data services to commercial customers that wish to achieve utility cost savings through behavioral changes, occupant engagement, operational improvements, targeted facility maintenance, and attention to utility accounting.
- Program participants commit to hiring, contracting, or assigning staff dedicated to three years of RCM activities.
- Typically, customers can reduce utility costs by 10 to 15 percent over three years by participating in the program.
- Any PSE commercial customer that has PSE portfolio consumption greater than 5,000,000 kWh or 675,000 therms is eligible for the RCM program.
- If a customer consumes less than the consumption requirements, the customer may partner with another organization or should apply for the Strategic Resource Management (SRM) program.
- Typical candidates include school districts, government municipalities, hospitals, commercial real estate owners, hotels, or other large customers.
PSE provides financial incentives throughout the participation in the program based on portfolio consumption. For example, a large customers (20,000,000 kWh or 2,700,000 therms), could expect to receive $118,000 in financial incentives over the three years if they meet their targets. These incentives would be provided as follows:
View the incentives »
- Start-Up Incentive: Customer will receive a start-up incentive of $10,000* upon successful completion of the required deliverables in the first year.
- Performance Incentive: Customer will be rewarded $0.02/kWh and $0.15/therm saved through documented RCM practices on an annual basis, up to a PSE-defined performance target (typically 3% of baseline consumption in the first year, 5% of baseline consumption in following years). If the customer exceeds the target, the performance incentive increases to $0.035/kWh and $0.25/therm for each additional unit of energy savings over the target up to $56,000* per year.
- Performance Bonus Incentive: The customer will be eligible to receive a $10,000* bonus incentive in the first year and a $20,000* bonus incentive in following years if the customer meets or exceeds the performance target.
- Training Allowance: Customers are eligible to reimburse training costs up to $2,000* per year.
*Incentive amounts provided based on large customer portfolio (20,000,000 kWh or 2,700,000 therms). Incentives will be pro-rated based on actual portfolio consumption.
15-minute interval data provides key insights into how your building consumes energy.
In addition, PSE will provide the customer with:
- Resource accounting software
- 15-minute interval data for viable meters
- Training opportunities
- Building audit support
- Savings analysis
- Electronic bill data
Resource Conservation Manager: The customer must hire, contract, or designate existing staff to be the main point of contact for the program. This person will be responsible for RCM activities, reporting to PSE, communicating initiatives, and managing the utility bills.
Tools for Success: Customers must complete the following deliverables/tasks in order to ensure success in the program and be eligible for incentives:
View the deliverables/tasks »
Interested? Here are the next steps…
- Contact the PSE program manager, Jessica Raker, at 425-456-2476 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collaborate with PSE on identifying the buildings in your portfolio that should be targeted by the RCM program.
- Sign the PSE-generated grant agreement
View Current Participants »
|Auburn School District
||City of Anacortes|
|Bellevue School District
||City of Bellevue|
|Bellingham School District
||City of Puyallup|
|Bremerton School District
||City of Seattle|
|Central Kitsap School District
|Edmonds School District
|Issaquah School District
|Kent School District
|Mukilteo School District
||Washington State DES|
|North Thurston Public Schools
|Northshore School District
|Oak Harbor School District
||Everett Community College|
|Olympia School Districtt
||Green River Community College|
|Puyallup School District
||Highline Community College|
|Renton School District
||Western Washington University|
|Seattle Public Schools
|Snohomish School District
||Craft Brew Alliance (Redhook Brewery)|
|South Kitsap School District
|Sumner School District
|Tacoma Public Schools
||King County Housing Authority|
|Tahoma School District
||Peacehealth (St. Joseph Hospital)|
|Tumwater School District
|Tumwater School District
Download the RCM/SRM 1-pager.