Savings & Energy Center » For Businesses » Commercial Rebates and Grants »
PC Power Management Rebate
Power management features are standard on almost all personal computers used in offices, but are often not used. Activating these settings provides an easy opportunity to reduce energy usage, save money and help protect the environment.
Puget Sound Energy is offering a rebate of $8 per workstation for installing software that controls the power management settings.
To receive the PSE PC Power Management rebate, applicants must purchase electricity from PSE at the site where the workstation is located.
The software must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for a rebate:
- Workstation is defined as the computer monitor and the desktop, both of which must have power management settings enabled. Laptops are not eligible for a rebate.
- Equipment must be installed at a site that has a PSE electric service account.
- The software shall have wake-on-LAN capability to allow networked workstations to be remotely wakened from or placed into any power-saving mode and to remotely boot or shut down ACPI-compliant workstations.
- The software shall give the IT administrator easily-accessible central control over the power management settings of networked workstations that optionally overrides settings made by users.
- The software shall be capable of applying specific power management policies to network groups, utilizing existing network grouping capabilities.
- The software shall be compatible with multiple operating systems and hardware configurations on the same network.
- The software shall monitor workstation keyboard, mouse, CPU and disk activity in determining workstation idleness.
- User or software must provide a trend log and confirm the type of PC on which the software is installed.
- Remain in operation for a minimum of four years, with the ability for continued reporting every six months upon PSE's request.
How to participate
Step 1. Purchase and install qualifying software
Step 2. Submit your application for payment
- Complete the application form, including your PSE account number, and signature
- Sign material receipts or contractor invoices to indicate your approval and acceptance of installation, or software purchases if your in-house project was not billed for labor. Please circle rebate eligible items and item quantities
- Return the signed application to PSE, along with signed and dated invoices/receipts
- Provide materials showing operating schedules for power management, or allow access for PSE personnel to determine that software is operating according to rebate specifications
- Allow four to six weeks for processing
- Funding availability is subject to annual program budgets
PSE reserves the right to inspect installations for compliance prior to payment.