Savings & Energy Center » For Businesses » Commercial Rebates and Grants »
Electronically Commutated Motor Rebate
Retrofit your constant volume HVAC fan boxes with Electronically Commutated Motors (ECMs) and Puget Sound Energy will provide you with a rebate of $0.12 for every square foot served by the HVAC fan.
To receive the PSE ECM rebate, applicants must purchase electricity from PSE at the site where ECMs are installed. Please note that pre-approval of your application is required
The rebate is available to non-residential customers supplied with energy provided by PSE where the ECMs is used as a replacement for constant volume HVAC distribution fan motor(s).
How to participate
Step 1. Obtain PSE pre-authorization
- Complete the application form, including your PSE account number, and signature
- Make a copy for your records
- Mail or fax the completed and signed application to PSE
- PSE will process your application as soon as possible, usually within 10 days
- Authorizations are noted at the bottom of the application on the copy returned to you
Step 2. Submit your application for payment
- Sign material receipts or contractor invoices to indicate your approval and acceptance of the installation, or material purchases if your in-house project was not billed for labor. Please circle rebate-eligible items, item quantities and note which measure code from the PSE application applies
- Return the PSE-authorized copy of your application to PSE, along with signed and dated invoices/receipts
- Funding availability is subject to annual program budgets. However, payment is guaranteed for pre-authorized projects.
PSE reserves the right to inspect installations for compliance prior to payment.