Free Fridges! Seriously.
PSE Customers may Qualify for Replacement Refrigerators for Limited Time; We’ll Even Haul Away the old one at no Cost
BELLEVUE, Wash. (Oct. 8, 2013) –
We’re having a bit of a tough time getting our customers to take advantage of a very good deal, because – frankly – it does sound too good to be true.
Puget Sound Energy is rounding up old, inefficient refrigerators and replacing them with a limited number of ENERGY STAR® qualified models by Frigidaire -- for free. And PSE will even remove and recycle the old fridge when we deliver the new one, which is up to four times more efficient and can save customers more than $200 a year in energy costs.
Customers must own the old appliance and have residential PSE electric service. Replacement refrigerators are a basic white, single-door, top-freezer model.
For an old refrigerator to qualify for free replacement, it should be:
- Manufactured on or before 1992 and currently in working condition
- 10 to 30 cubic feet in size
- The primary food storage in the kitchen
- Plugged into a properly grounded (3-prong) outlet
Customers can figure out the age of their fridge by checking inside the door or on the back for a label with the year it was manufactured. Websites such as Appliance411.com can also help determine the year.
Those who are interested can learn if they qualify by calling 1-877-341-2314, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. More information can be found at PSE.com/MyFreeFridge.
Why does PSE offer free appliances and rebates?
- Efficiency and conservation help maintain affordable, reliable energy for everyone.
- It’s cheaper to save energy than build expensive new power plants, substations, pipelines and other infrastructure that’s used to deliver electricity and natural gas to homes.
- It’s less costly than buying energy on the open market, or moving it here from around the country.
About Puget Sound Energy
Washington state’s oldest local energy utility, Puget Sound Energy serves 1.1 million electric customers and more than 760,000 natural gas customers in 10 counties. PSE meets the energy needs of its customers, in part, through cost-effective energy efficiency, procurement of sustainable energy resources, and far-sighted investment in energy-delivery infrastructure. PSE employees are dedicated to providing great customer service that is safe, dependable and efficient. For more information, visit www.PSE.com, or follow PSE on Facebook and Twitter.
Ray Lane, 1-888-831-7250