Savings & Energy Center » For Homes » Rebates & Offers »
Showering in Savings Just Got Easier!
PSE residential* electric and natural gas customers can now save instantly on WaterSense labeled, high-performance showerheads! Heating water is the second highest energy user in your home and hot water conservation means less energy use and a lower energy and water bills.
*Must be a PSE residential customer and heat your water with electricity or natural gas from PSE. Limit two (2) rebates per household.
PSE instant discounts and limited time offers
- High-performance showerheads on Amazon: Get top quality, energy-efficient, PSE instant discounted showerheads that will save you energy, money and water. Offer applies to 4" chrome model for $9.98 or toward a hand-held model for $18.59. Visit pse.com/amazonshower and enter promo code PSEDEAL1 to get your deal. Available while supplies last, offer ends Nov. 2, 2014.
- You've been upgraded: $15 off Kohler WaterSense showerheads at participating The Home Depot stores. Offer ends Nov. 2, 2014.
- Get a free basic model efficient showerhead or order your choice of WaterSense models online from ShopPSE with a $10 instant discount
- Up to $10 instant discount on qualifying showerheads at participating retail stores
WaterSense makes a difference
Standard showerheads use 2.5 gallons of water per minute (gpm), but showerheads that earn the WaterSense label use no more than 2.0 gpm! The WaterSense label also ensures that saving water does not mean cutting back on quality; these products provide a shower equal to, or better than conventional showerheads.
Installing a showerhead is easy! Here's how …
- Remove old showerhead from the shower arm. If you need to use a wrench, use a second wrench as well to hold the shower arm while you loosen the old showerhead. Use pieces of cloth to protect the finish.
- Before installing the new showerhead, turn on the water to wash out the pipe.
- TURN OFF WATER. Apply Teflon tape to shower arm threads. Screw on the new showerhead and hand-tighten.
- Test showerhead. If showerhead leaks, tighten by using a wrench on the shower arm and a second wrench on the showerhead. Tighten until snug. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
Want to hear about more offers like this? PSE's Sign up for our email newsletter to get home energy solutions, tips, news and more.