Savings & Energy Center » Renewables » Renewable Energy Advantage »
Renewable Energy Advantage: How to Participate
Electric customers who have installed approved and inspected solar PV arrays, wind turbines or anaerobic digesters on their own property and who are currently under an interconnection agreement with PSE or receive electric service from PSE are eligible. This page applies to customers who are already interconnected or net metered.
Applying for REAP
- Apply for certification at the Washington Department of Revenue website. The state has 30 days in which to respond. The certification application form should be mailed to the state Department of Revenue, rather than PSE. Please note that it is only necessary to obtain certification once during the life of the program.
- Download and complete the Renewable Energy Advantage Program application and the Electric Schedule 150 Attachment A agreement or call a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482 to have an application package mailed to you. When you receive the completed Washington State certificate, mail the PSE application package, along with a copy of the state certificate, to:
Puget Sound Energy
PO Box 97034
Bellevue, WA 98009-7034
Application forms and Certifications must be received by PSE no later than August 1 of the year in which you are applying for an incentive reimbursement. Forms received after August 1 will be applied to the subsequent year in which it is received.
- PSE will evaluate the system against the reimbursement criteria and process the application within 60 days.
Assess production metering capability
- If your system doesn't include a provision for a production meter, a meter base must be installed. You can download the production meter guidelines.
- When the PSE-approved meter base is installed, a PSE technician will exchange/install the production meter to start measuring the total output of your system. New interconnected/net metered customers commonly have both the net and production meters installed by PSE at the same time.
- The production meter installation fee will be included on your next energy bill and is only assessed once. These fees are necessary for PSE to recover its costs of installing the production meter.
Receive annual REAP payments
- Incentive payments are made annually and are based on the electricity that your system produces (measured by the production meter). A base rate of 15¢ is multiplied by a rate determined by the state of manufacture of your system's components.
- Once your REAP account is established, it is necessary only to renew your application yearly, rather than complete the entire application form. A renewal form will be included with each annual incentive payment check.