Savings & Energy Center » Green Power » Sign Up Your Business »
The Business Case for Buying Green Power
Choosing green power offers your business a number of benefits, including:
- Environmental stewardship: Many innovative businesses are establishing environmental commitments to create more sustainable operations and practices. Choosing green power is a way for you to create a more socially responsible organization.
- Public image: Green power can help improve the public image of your business by demonstrating environmental stewardship.
- Customer loyalty: Demonstrating environmental stewardship through green power may help increase your organization’s customer and investor loyalty.
- Employee pride: Employees prefer to work for companies that give back to their communities and to the environment.
- Business recognition: We appreciate and recognize the corporate and small business customers who participate in PSE's Green Power Program. These companies are demonstrating their corporate values and are leading the way to a more sustainable future.
"We're pleased and excited to be participating...Our northwest office felt strongly that participation in the PSE Green Power Program was an important way to communicate commitment to the environment. Also, it represents a unique way for our office to stand-out within the company and marketplace in terms of addressing the need to adopt sustainable practices...Yes, there is a premium, but we're beyond using expense as an excuse to avoid responsibility. As an environmental engineering firm, our clients understand this. As a PSE customer, we're happy to be part of a network of firms that are willing to take on a new challenge."
Scott Lester, SCS Engineers
"We have many customers who shop with us because we offer many eco-friendly flooring products. When eco-friendly products are brought up it is a natural fit to mention that we are a proud user and supporter of Green Power. This has proven educational for many of our customers, who didn't know Green Power was available. We proudly display our Green Power Participant sticker on our door, and our Green Power Environmental Leader Certificate (right next to our business license!) where everyone can see it. We were proud to be one of the first 100% Green Power partners in our area, and really glad that PSE offers this to its commercial and residential customers."
Tammi Fleming, Simple Floors