Savings & Energy Center » For Homes » Heating Rebates & Offers »
Electric Heating Systems: Forced-air Furnace to Air-source Heat Pump Conversion Rebate
Get a $1,500 rebate from PSE when you replace your electric forced-air furnace with a qualifying air-source heat pump.
- Must have existing electric Forced-Air-Furnace used as primary heating source. Electric zonal customers are not eligible
- Must upgrade to air-source heat pump system that is AHRI performance certified with an 8.5 HSPF/14 SEER or better
- Rebate only available on new qualifying equipment; Cannot have an existing heat pump or ductless heat pump
- Customers with existing gas furnaces or boilers are not eligible
- Can be combined with Heat Pump Sizing and Lockout Controls rebate
- Customers who do not qualify for this rebate may qualify for the air-source heat pump rebate if equipment meets qualifications
► Apply for this rebate
Call a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., for more information about energy-efficient heating systems or for help filling out a rebate application.
You should know
The installation of a heat pump or air conditioner can sometimes cause a fluctuation in the power supply when the equipment starts, which can result in a visible flicker of the lighting in your home or the homes of your neighbors. To ensure that your heat pump installation does not cause a power quality issue, it is important that you discuss this potential issue with your contractor or call a PSE Customer Construction Services specialist at 1-888-321-7779 for assistance.
Find a contractor
To create your own referral for qualified contractors, visit PSE.com/CAN.
If you plan to install the equipment on your own, make sure to include the UPC sticker (typically found inside the box and includes equipment item number and model number) with your rebate application materials.
Available for PSE residential energy-efficient equipment retrofits and/or natural gas conversions.
Converting to natural gas
When available, PSE recommends using natural gas directly for space and water heating.
You may be eligible for conversion rebates.