Commercial retrofit grants
Save big on energy efficiency upgrades to your business site's vital systems
When you plan to upgrade your existing business site's energy efficiency or expand it using energy-efficient equipment, apply for valuable PSE retrofit grants that can cover as much as 70 percent of your installed costs.
What you get
The total value of your retrofit grant depends on your business site's projected annual energy savings, which are calculated by a PSE Energy Management Engineer (EME). An EME will also determine adjusted grant values after a final site analysis and approval.
||Grant Applies To…
||Equipment and installation
||$0.20 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) of projected annual energy savings
||50 percent of total upgrade
||Equipment and installation
||$0.30 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) of projected annual energy savings
||70 percent of total upgrade
For lighting upgrades, additional savings may be available through PSE's Business Lighting Incentive Program or Lighting To Go instant discounts.
To be connected with an EME near you, call an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To be eligible for PSE's retrofit grants:
- You must be a current PSE business electric and/or natural gas customer and your business site must be within PSE's electric and/or natural gas service areas.
- You must be pre-approved by PSE prior to all equipment purchases and installation.
- Grants are only available on new equipment that meets or exceeds local energy code efficiency requirements.
To get pre-approved, complete this retrofit grant application** and a utility data release form, should it apply†.
Submit them to PSE in one of two ways:
A PSE Energy Management Engineer (EME) will review your application and schedule a site visit for pre-inspection and information collection. The EME uses these details and contractor bids to determine your eligibility and estimate your grant value.
Once you're pre-approved, you'll execute a grant agreement with PSE and choose a contractor to perform all agreed-upon retrofit upgrades. When installation is completed, an EME will reinspect the site to verify installation and efficiency improvements.
Then, prepare the following:
- Signed copies of your equipment invoices, with grant-eligible items and quantities circled
- A signed and completed Tax Identification Form (W-9)
- Any other documentation your agreement requires
Submit these documents using one of the methods above. You don't need to resend your application form.
If you have any questions, call an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Estimates and adjusted final values for retrofit grants are subject to PSE cost-effectiveness standards.
** This form may not work properly with all browsers. For optimal viewing, please use Internet Explorer.
† A utility data release form authorizes PSE to distribute energy usage and billing information to third parties such as contractors and commissioning agents. Contact a PSE Energy Advisor to verify if this is required for your grant.