Savings & Energy Center » For Businesses » Commercial Rebates and Grants »
Re-Energize with LED Exit Signs
Since exit signs operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week, they can add significantly to your energy costs. Installing LED exit signs can help reduce your energy and maintenance costs dramatically. LED exit signs use approximately 90 percent less energy than signs lit with incandescent or fluorescent lamps, and they're virtually maintenance free.
PSE is offering a rebate of $50 if you are replacing an existing incandescent or fluorescent exit sign with a new LED exit sign.
No pre-approval is required for an LED exit sign rebate. Customers must purchase electricity from PSE at the site where LED exit signs will be installed.
How to participate
Step 1. Determine your eligibility
- All LED exit signs must use 5 watts or less per sign.
- All LED exit signs must have a minimum 5-year warranty.
- You must be replacing an existing incandescent or fluorescent exit sign.
- You must be purchasing electricity from PSE at the site where the new LED exit sign will be installed.
Step 2. Replace the incandescent or fluorescent exit sign with the LED exit sign
Step 3. Submit your application for payment
- Complete the application form.
- Complete a W9 form.
- Prepare supporting documentation.
- Itemized Invoice: Invoices must include make and model number(s), total units per project, and price breakdown. They must have "Invoice" clearly visible with an invoice number and date.
- Assignment of funds form (if contractor is the payee).
- Signature Page: This signature page is located on the second tab of the Application workbook. Please hand write the signature (no typed signatures will be accepted).
- Make a copy for your records.
- Email the Excel version of the application and pdf versions of the supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PSE will process your application in the order in which it is received.
Funding availability is subject to annual program budgets. PSE reserves the right to inspect installations for compliance prior to payment.
For details call a PSE Energy Advisor
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-800-562-1482.