Savings & Energy Center » For Businesses » Commercial Rebates and Grants »
Re-Energize Your Lighting with Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs)
Did you know that replacing incandescent lamps with CFLs is still one of the easiest ways to save money on your electric bill? CFLs use a fraction of the energy and can be used nearly anywhere that incandescent lights have been used for general illumination. CFL lamps can produce the same light as incandescent lamps yet last six to ten times longer. They also create two-thirds less heat, making your work spaces more comfortable and well lit.
PSE offers a rebate of $3 to $12 for each ENERGY STAR® qualified CFL installed in place of an existing incandescent lamp.
No pre-approval is required for this rebate. Customers must purchase electricity from PSE at the site where CFLs will be installed.
||Rebate amount |
|Less than 26 Watts
|From 26 Watts to 39 Watts
|Greater than or equal to 40 Watts
|Specialty lamps less than 40 Watts*
*Specialty lamps include: dimming, three-way, reflector, candelabra, globe, and cold cathode lamps (cold cathode lamps do not have to be ENERGY STAR qualified, but must have at least a two-year warranty and produce at least 35 lumens per watt).
How to participate
Step 1. Determine your eligibility
- ENERGY STAR qualified CFLs must be used.
- Pin-based lamps do not qualify unless they are coupled with an adapter.
- You must be purchasing electricity from PSE at the site where the new CFL is installed.
- CFLs already reduced in price by another PSE incentive program are not eligible for additional incentives.
Step 2. Replace the incandescent lamps with ENERGY STAR qualified CFLs
Step 3. Submit your application for payment
- Complete the application form.
- Complete a W9 form.
- Prepare supporting documentation.
- Itemized Invoice: Invoices must include make and model number(s), total units per project, and price breakdown. They must have "Invoice" clearly visible with an invoice number and date.
- Assignment of funds form (if contractor is the payee).
- Signature Page: This signature page is located on the second tab of the Application workbook. Please hand write the signature (no typed signatures will be accepted).
- Make a copy for your records.
- Email the Excel version of the application and pdf versions of the supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PSE will process your application in the order which it is received.
** For information on how to receive instant in-store rebates for these products and for participating instant rebate vendors, please click here.
Funding availability is subject to annual program budgets. PSE reserves the right to inspect installations for compliance prior to payment.
For details call a PSE Energy Advisor
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-800-562-1482.