Fast Facts About Kittitas County and PSE
- The 50,000th visitor to the Renewable Energy Center at the Wild Horse Wind and Solar Facility was given the unique opportunity of naming one of the wind turbines. She chose "Serendipity" because she had come out to see the facility on a whim.
- The solar array at our Wild Horse facility is the largest in the state.
- Our $100 million expansion of the Wild Horse facility included adding 22 new wind turbines for a total of 149 – making it our largest wind farm to date.
- Nine customer-owned, renewable energy systems are connected to our grid in Kittitas County.
- We voluntarily added 7,000 acres of conservation easement at Wild Horse and planted 6,000 sagebrush plugs to help restore this threatened shrub-steppe habitat.
- Each spring the Wild Horse facility is blanketed in wild flowers.
- In 2008, our energy-efficiency services helped Kittitas County residential customers save $3,600 by reducing 19,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity and 143 therms of natural gas.
- You can see several prominent Cascade Mountain peaks, including Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens, from the Wild Horse Wind and Solar Facility.
PSE profile in Kittitas County