Property Management Agreement
To start new service for tenants moving in, you need to have a Property Management Agreement on file—and you need to include a signed authorization letter from the tenant with the new service application.
With a Property Management Agreement, you can use your MyPSE Account to start and stop service for vacant units.
Complete the form below to establish a Property Management Agreement with PSE.
The property owner/manager agrees to:
- Pay all energy charges when the unit is vacant
- Notify PSE of any changes in occupancy
- It is the responsibility of both the tenant and the property owner/manager to contact us regarding the change.
- Provide PSE with the new billing address
- If bills are returned as undeliverable and go unpaid, this agreement will be terminated and the energy service(s) will be scheduled for disconnection.
- Inform PSE if the property is sold
- The property owner/manager is responsible for all energy charges until we're notified.
- Notify PSE immediately of discrepancies regarding tenant move-in or move-out dates
If we are notified of a move-in up to 30 days after the actual move-in date, a copy of the signed rental agreement is required to verify the move-in date. If we receive a move-in notification after 30 days of the actual move-in date, we will begin billing the tenant as of the last unpaid bill. We require documentation, signed and dated by the tenant(s), for billing corrections.
Property Management Agreement Form
* Required field